- Create a drive key and secret
- Put them in "System Tools > Settings > General > Google Drive OAuth"
- Enable in the "Administration > Properties" of the folder you want to connect.
- View the folder and follow the prompts.
Vialect Bug Bounty;
- Contact us and let us know you are interested
- We will send you an installer or an IP address
- Confine aggressive/damaging testing to the installer/IP we provide
- Keep your findings confidential until we fix the bug
- We pay whenever we make a change as a result of your bug report.
- Send us a report with enough information for us to reproduce the bug
- We will reward you
- Public credit and thanks
- You will not be prosecuted
- Payment (varies by severity of the bug from $1 to $1000 per bug)
postgresql.conf ships with quite modest defaults so be sure to august it for anything more than light use. We recommend for ~4k users;
- Available Memory = System Memory - OS (1GB for Windows) - Java (100 to 512)
- effective_cache_size = Available Memory / 2
- shared_buffers = effective_cache_size / 4
- max_locks_per_transaction = 512
- max_connections = 60
- checkpoint_segments 30
- log_min_duration_statement = 10000
- log_line_prefix = ''%m: ''
When something unexpected happens Noodle will ask you what you were doing and email a stack trace to Vialect. Bug reports may also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use email@example.com for any other inquiries.
Please provide the following to help us reproduce and correct issues faster:
- Minimal steps to reproduce the issue from scratch. Possibly relevant details:
- The URL
- The version of Noodle
- The version of Web Browser
- The version of Operating System
- A username and password
- An ordered list of buttons/links clicked
- Sample file/data
- Expected behavior, possible details:
- 720p mockup of desired appearance with min and max sample data.
- Actual behavior, possible details:
- A full resolution screen shot including address and scroll bars
- Web Browser console output
- The source of any warning pages (wrong format, missing parameter)
- The source of any email
- A zip of the Noodle/log folder
- Observe email educate
- A short descriptive email subject
- Reply to the email thread only for the the same issue
- Don't make new threads for the same issue.
- Avoid requesting thread history review.
- Do not place legal or print notes in signatures or otherwise bloat them.
- Use test in favor of images
- Use attachments not overlays/embeds of images or text
- Be concise.
Leaving out information leads to Vialect spending less time creating solutions and more time attempting to reproduce issues and linking to this page.
The first encrypted request after Noodle starts can be 3 orders of magnitude slower than normal due to random entropy pool depletion. If your server suffers from this issue (most EC2 servers) you can verify by checking the pool size:
cd /proc/sys/kernel/random/ && cat poolsize entropy_avail
There are at least 3 solutions to a depleted pool:
Some hardware includes random generators (like the rdrand CPU flag)
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -i rdrand | wc -l
you can enable it's use with
apt install rng-tools systemctl start rng-tools.service systemctl enable rng-tools.service
yum install rng-tools systemctl start rngd.service systemctl enable rngd.service
Or if you don't have a hardware generator or you don't trust it you can edit /opt/Noodle/multiserver to use use
or edit $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/java.security to use use
For higher throughput and lower CPU usage than urandom haveged can be used but it can still block:
apt install haveged systemctl start haveged.service systemctl enable haveged.service
yum install haveged systemctl start haveged.service systemctl enable haveged.service
Noodle can import and export ical and supportts the non-standard TTY;
Some intermediate servers (proxy/gateway/firewall/router/etc) will answer a request from the browser on behalf of the server. If this happens frequently and you are unable to change the intermediate server to avoid this (supporting 2 minute connections is a good start) you can use
use that as a last resort as it can cause further UI interference.
mailto has no defined limit on the number of characters but there are limits in practice (as of 2015)
- Apple Safari
- Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_5) AppleWebKit/601.1.56 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Safari/601.1.56
- limited by 16GB RAM
- Mozilla Firefox
- Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
- limited by maximum string length
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/45.0.2454.101 Safari/537.36
- limited without explanation
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; Trident/7.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; rv:11.0) like Gecko
- limited without explanation
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- 2097132 works in 1 second
- 268435455 uses 100% CPU for 2 minutes but fails to render the body and is not usable
- version 38.3.0
- 2097132 works in 5 seconds
- 268435455 uses 100% CPU for a long time (more than 5 minutes)
- version 2.38
- Apple Mail
- 500000 works in 14 seconds
- 2097132 uses 100% CPU for a long time (more than 5 minutes)
- version 8.2
- Microsoft Outlook
- trims any url to 2070 in 1 second
- version 2013
There is a Microsoft Office bug (2019105) that will attempt WebDAV windows authentication from non WebDAV links. To work around this bug the server can specify the "Content-Disposition" header as an "attachment" (requesting the browser save the file instead of opening it). Microsoft Internet Explorer will still ask if you want to open the file but will not attempt WebDAV. When making links with ShowItemData.po use the "download" in place of the "filename" parameter. For example:
- Use a mobile device that is not restrictive (LineageOS is recommended) or at least permits the Installation of Google Chrome.
- Install Google Chrome.
- Open Noodle (SSL must be used).
- View Messages, and click subscribe.
- Use a desktop browser to create and fill in the push URL setting.
- Push subscribe with your mobile again, and now when someone sends you an instant message you will be Notified. Notifications will also show up on smart watches.