There are numerous backup methods, generally complete or partial combined with cold or hot. The simple method is a cold complete backup;
- Stop Noodle
- Stop the database
- Copy the database folder and the Noodle folder to a different disk
- Start the database
- Start Noodle
- Send the copy to a different physical location
More options for database backups include;
- Hot complete backups allow a you a snapshot of your database without stopping anything.
- Hot partial backups can be used to backup only recent changes, allow for point in time recovery, and reduce server load.
- Cold partial backups can decrease the time of a cold complete backup.
Hot partial backups can also be used to keep a warm backup server in case of disaster, at any time it will be a usable exact copy of your production database.
production environments should select a backup strategy to maximize flexibility while reducing server load and storage requirements.
For details on backup options please read your database documentation.
Also see the windows postgres example